ADDLESTROP, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"ADDLESTROP, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Slaughter, in the county of Gloucester, 3 miles E. of Stow-on-the-Wold. It is a station on the North Midland railway. It is in a pleasant situation on the river Evenlode, near Daylesford, and was formerly among the possessions of the abbey of Evesham. The living is a rectory united with Broadwell, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. It was rebuilt in the year 1764, and owing to some fault in the work, had to be rebuilt a second time the same year. The manor belongs to Lord Leigh, who has his seat at Addlestrop House."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]