- Original source material relating to Alveston, and other parishes in
Diocese of Bristol may be found at the
Bristol Record Office.
From the Alveston Burial Register: 1813-1870:-
"According to the testimony of John Cullimore (aged 81)
the No of inhabitants of the Parish of Alveston in 1770
was 205, and only 5 communicants: the No of houses in 1786
was 47:- the No of houses in Alveston down, from the Ship
Inn to the hollow beyond the lime kilns, going to Olveston, was 3
containing 7 inhabitants: the No of houses at Rudgeway
in Alveston psh was 3."
(Note from John Rawes: Perpl Curate)