- Original source material relating to Alvington, and other parishes in
Diocese of Gloucester may be found at the
- "ALVINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Bledisloe, in the county of
Gloucester, 6 miles to the N.E. of Chepstow. Blakeney is the post town. It
is situated on the river Severn. The living is a perpetual curacy united
with the rectory of Wollastone, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.
Alvington was formerly a cell to the abbey of Llantony. Clanna House is the
seat of the Hon. W. Noel, lord of the manor."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Alvington/index.html