CHILD'S-WICKHAM, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"CHILD'S-WICKHAM, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, in the county of Gloucester, 5 miles from the Evesham railway station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line, and 11 from Broadway, its post town. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £246, in the patronage of the representatives of the Rev. J. H. Tucker. The church is a stone structure with a spire. The tithes were commuted in 1763." "MIRCOTT, a hamlet in the parish of Child's Wickham, lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, county Gloucester, 6 miles N.W. of Chipping-Campden."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]