CLIFFORD CHAMBERS, Gloucestershire
- "CLIFFORD CHAMBERS, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of
Tewkesbury, in the county of Gloucester, 2 miles S. of Stratford-on-Avon.
The village is pleasantly situated on the river Avon. The living is a
rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £172, in the
patronage of the Rev. T. G. Tyndall. The church, dedicated to St. Helen, is
an ancient stone edifice with tower."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The parish of Clifford Chambers was transferred from Gloucestershire to Warwickshire in 1931.
[Ref: Handlist of the contents of the Gloucestershire Archives, 1995, et al.]
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/CliffordChambers/index.html