COLD-ASHTON, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"COLD-ASHTON, a parish in the hundred of Pucklechurch, in the county of Gloucester, 5 miles from Bath, its post town and railway station. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £492, in the patronage of the Rev. E. Sayres. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is an ancient stone edifice in the perpendicular style. The charities produce £10 per annum, of which £5 is the revenue of a free school. W. Gore Langton, Esq., is lord of the manor." "PENSYLVANIA, a hamlet in the parish of Cold Ashton, county Gloucester, 2 miles S.W. of Marshfield."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]