Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
COLN-ROGERS, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"COLN-ROGERS, a parish in the hundred of Bradley, in the county of Gloucester, 3½ miles S.W. of Northleach its post town, and 7 N.E. of Cirencester. It is situated on the river Coln. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £225, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient structure in the Norman and other styles of architecture. Here is a school for poor children. The Dean and Chapter of Gloucester are lords of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]