Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
COLN ST. DENIS, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"COLN ST. DENIS, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Deerhurst, in the county of Gloucester, 8 miles N. of Cirencester, and 3 S. of Northleach, its post town. It is situated on the Roman Fosse Way and the river Coln. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £400, in the patronage of Pembroke College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. James, is an ancient stone edifice in the early Norman style of architecture. There is a parochial school, chiefly supported by the minister. The lady of the manor is Mrs. Jeffries."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]