EAST DEAN, Gloucestershire

Note

East Dean is a civil parish formed from an extraparochial area in 1842. There is no East Dean parish church. In the 19th Century several parishes were created in the area to cover the growing population. For events before the 1800s, people would have gone to the ancient parishes surrounding East and West Dean. For later events see Lydbrook, Drybrook and Cinderford

See maps in the Gloucester Archives

Gazetteers

Historical Geography

URL of this page: /big/eng/GLS/EastDean/index.html