FARMINGTON, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"FARMINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Bradley, county Gloucester, 1 mile N.E. of Northleach, its post town, and 12 miles N.E. of Cirencester, the nearest railway station on the Great Western line. It is situated near the old Fosse Way, and the Oxford and Cheltenham road passes in the vicinity. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £121. The church is an ancient stone edifice, dedicated to St. Peter. The parochial charities produce about £30 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. H. E. Waller, Esq., is lord of the manor. Farmington Lodge is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]