GLOUCESTER, St Mary de Lode, Gloucestershire
- "BARTON ST. MARY, a hamlet in the parish of Gloucester St. Mary de Lode, hundred of
Dudstone and King's Barton, in the county of Gloucester. It forms part of
the suburbs of the city of Gloucester."
- "KINGSHOLM, a hamlet in the parishes of Gloucester St. Mary de Lode and
Gloucester St. Catherine, in the city and county of Gloucester."
- "TUFFLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Gloucester St. Mary-de-Lode, middle division of
Dudstone hundred, county Gloucester, 2 miles S.W. of Gloucester, within
which city it is included. It is on the Gloucester and Bristol railway."
[Descriptions from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Gloucester/StMarydeLode/index.html