The present parish of Honeybourne is an amalgamation of two former parishes, Cow Honeybourne, which was in Gloucestershire until 1931, and Church Honeybourne. The latter has always been in Worcestershire, apart from briefly, between 1974 and 1998 when Worcester and Hereford were merged, when it was in the county of Hereford & Worcester. The composite parish of Honeybourne is at present in Worcestershire, but as will be noted from the above section on Archives and Libraries the parish records are to be found at the Gloucestershire Archives Office.
The merger was instigated because the School and Village Hall for both wards was in Cow Honeybourne. The Church and churchyard (now closed), and the cemetery were in Church Honeybourne. This gave a balanced payment of rates for both wards.
This most useful information has been very kindly supplied by Norman Overington, who was the Parish Clerk for Cow Honeybourne when the two Honeybournes were amalgamated in 1953.