- The present parish of Honeybourne is an amalgamation of two former
parishes, Cow Honeybourne, which was in Gloucestershire until 1931, and
Church Honeybourne. The latter has always been in Worcestershire,
apart from briefly, between 1974 and 1998 when Worcester and Hereford
were merged, when it was in the county of Hereford & Worcester.
The composite parish of Honeybourne is at present in Worcestershire,
but as will be noted from the above section on
Archives and Libraries the parish records are to be found at the
Gloucestershire Archives Office.
The merger was instigated because the School and Village Hall for
both wards was in Cow Honeybourne. The Church and churchyard
(now closed), and the cemetery were in Church Honeybourne.
This gave a balanced payment of rates for both wards.
This most useful information has been very kindly supplied by
who was the Parish Clerk for Cow Honeybourne when the two
Honeybournes were amalgamated in 1953.
See also Icomb.
URL of this page: /big/eng/GLS/Honeybourne/index.html