LASBOROUGH, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"LASBOROUGH, a parish in the hundred of Longtree, county Gloucester, 5 N.W. of Tetbury. Wootton-under-Edge is its post town. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated in a valley near the Bath and Cheltenham road. The soils consist of brash and oolite. The land is chiefly arable and the remainder in sheep walks. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £150. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a small stone structure containing one bell. R. S. Holford, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]