MEYSEY HAMPTON, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"MEYSEY HAMPTON, (or Maiseyhampton), a parish in the hundred of Crowthorne, county Gloucester, 6 miles E. of Cirencester, and 2 W. of Fairford, its post town. The village is small, and chiefly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £604, in the patronage of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church of St. Mary is an ancient edifice, with a tower containing five bells. The Baptists have a chapel, and there are church and British schools. The charities produce about £9 per annum. John Mott, Esq., is lord of the manor. [Recorded as HAMPTON MEYSEY in Gazetteer -RL 2003]"