NOTGROVE, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"NOTGROVE, a parish in the hundred of Bradley, county Gloucester, 5 miles N.W. of Northleach, its post town, and 9 from the Adlestrop station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway. The village, which is inconsiderable, is wholly agricultural. The land is generally sheep-walks and the soil a stone brash. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1770. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £256. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to St. Bartholomew."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]