- Original source material relating to Shenington, and other parishes in Diocese of Oxford may be found at the Oxfordshire Record Office; with the exeception of Bishops Transcripts, which (if they exist) should be found at Gloucestershire Archives.
- The transcription of the section for Shenington from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Shenington was a detached parish of Gloucestershire until 1844.
It is now in Oxfordshire.
[q.v. Kain & Oliver; OS Map 145, parish #29/1]
See also: Widford.