Downtime: The Genuki web service will be unavailable on Tues 24 Apr from 10:00 BST for approximately two hours whilst some software updates are installed.
Open a form to report problems or contribute information
SOUTHROP, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"SOUTHROP, a parish in the hundred of Brightwell's-Barrow, county Gloucester, 3½ miles N.W. of Lechdale, its post town. The village is situated on the river Leach, and is chiefly agricultural. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £192, in the patronage of Wadham College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and was restored in 1852. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum. There is a parochial school for both sexes. The Warden and Fellows of Wadham College, Oxford, are lords of the manor."