Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
- Original source material relating to Staunton (nr. Newent), and other parishes in Diocese of Gloucester may be found at the Gloucestershire Archives; with the exeception of Bishops Transcripts, which (if they exist) should be found at Worcestershire Record Office.
- St James, Staunton Court, Staunton (nr. Newent), Church of England
- Transcription of the Census for Staunton (nr. Newent) in 1841 by Debra J. Svedin and Kari Svedin Kruger.
- Transcription of the Census for Staunton (nr. Newent) in 1871; transcribed as part of a Boy Scouts of America service project. Courtesy Joseph Svedin.
- Transcription of the Census for Staunton (nr. Newent) in 1891 by Debra J. Svedin and Kari Svedin Kruger.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Staunton which are provided by:
- "Rectory, united with Corse since 1952. Gloucester Diocese. Transferred [to Gloucestershire] from Worcestershire, 1931."
(Ref: Guide to the Parish Records of the City of Bristol and the County of Gloucester; I. Gray & E. Ralph, 1963)
See also: Redmarley d'Abitot.
You can see the administrative areas
in which Staunton has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO770286 (Lat/Lon: 51.955367, -2.336118), Staunton which are provided by: