TREDINGTON, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"TREDINGTON, a parish in the lower division of Tewkesbury hundred, county Gloucester, 2½ miles S.E. of Tewkesbury, its post town, and 6½ N. W. of Cheltenham. The village is situated near the Gloucester railway. The surface is flat, and the soil consists of stiff clay. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £51, in the patronage of the bishop. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum. Near the church is a pillar cross."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]