Open a form to report problems or contribute information
TWIGWORTH, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TWIGWORTH, a hamlet in the parishes of Gloucester St. Mary-de-Lode and Gloucester St. Catherine, upper division of Dudstone hundred, county Gloucester, 2½ miles N.E. of Gloucester, its post town, and 8 S.W. of Tewkesbury. It adjoins the township of Longford, and is intersected by the high road from Gloucester to Tewkesbury. It enjoys all the privileges of a parish, and is included within the borough of Gloucester. The soil consists of a black mould upon a subsoil of gravel. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £80, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Matthew, was erected in 1842. There is a National school for both sexes."