- Original source material relating to Widford, and other parishes in Diocese of Oxford may be found at the Oxfordshire Record Office; with the exeception of Bishops Transcripts, which (if they exist) should be found at Gloucestershire Archives.
- Widford was a detached parish of Gloucestershire until 1844.
It is now in Oxfordshire.
[q.v. Kain & Oliver; OS Map 144, parish #29/2]
See also: Shenington.