- Original source material relating to Yanworth, and other parishes in
Diocese of Gloucester may be found at the
- "YANWORTH, a chapelry and township in the parish of Hazleton, hundred of
Bradley, county Gloucester, 3½ miles N.W. of Northleach, and 10 E. of
village is situated on the Cotswold hills. The soil is stone brash. The
living is a curacy annexed to Hazleton. The church, dedicated to St.
Andrew, or St. Michael, is a chapel-of-ease to Hazleton."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
URL of this page: /big/eng/GLS/Yanworth/index.html