National Gazetteer (1868) - Chilton Candover
"CHILTON CANDOVER, a parish in the hundred of Mainsborough, Winchester division of the county of Southampton, 1 mile to the E. of Brown Candover, and 12 N. of Winchester. The living is a rectory* annexed to that of Brown Candover, in the diocese of Winchester. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small ancient structure, recently repaired."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]