National Gazetteer (1868) - Crondall
"CRONDALL, a parish in the upper half of the hundred of Crondall, in the county of Hants, 3½ miles S.E. of Odiham. It is situated on the Basingstoke canal, and the Roman way to Silchester. It contains the tythings of Ewshott, Crondall, Crookham, Swanthorpe, and Dippenhall. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester, value £441, in the patronage of the Hospital of St. Cross, Winchester. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an early English structure, and contains an ancient brass of 1370. There is a district church at Crookham, the living of which is a perpetual curacy, value £100, in the patronage of the vicar. There are several charities, also an endowed and several other schools. At Ewshott Heath is Caesar's Camp, with a double ditch. Some old French gold coins have been discovered in a field adjoining."
"CROOKHAM, a tything in the parish and hundred of Crondall, in the county of Hants, 2½ miles N.E. of Odiham. The village, which is considerable, is situated near the Basingstoke canal. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester, value with the perpetual curacy of Ewshott, £100, in the patronage of the Vicar of Crondall. The church, called Christchurch, is modern."
"DIPPENHALL, a tything in the parish and hundred of Crondall, in the county of Hants, 1¼ mile W. of Farnham."
"EWSHOTT, a tything in the parish of Crondall, Odiham division of the hundred of Crondall, upper half, in county Hants, 3 miles N.E. of Odiham, and 3 S.W. of the railway station at Fleetpond. Ewshott House is the principal residence."
"SWANTHROPE, a tything in the parish of Crondall, upper half division of the hundred of Crondall, county Hants, 4 miles S.E. of Odiham."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]