National Gazetteer (1868) - Greatham
"GREATHAM, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Finch Dean, county Hants, 5 miles N.E. of Petersfield, its post town, and 11 S.W. of Farnham. It is situated in the vicinity of Woolmer Forest, a portion of which is within the parish. The village, which is neatly built, is on the road to Farnham. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £275. The church is an ancient structure dedicated to St. John the Baptist. In the chancel is an altar-tomb to Lady Caryll. There is a National school for boys and girls. Captain E. H. Chawner is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]