National Gazetteer (1868) - Holybourne
"HOLYBOURNE, a parish in the upper half of the hundred of Alton, county Hants, 1 mile N.E. of Alton. It is situated on the river Wey, and contains the tything of Neatham. The living is a vicarage not in charge, annexed to that of Alton, in the diocese of Winchester. The church, dedicated to the Holy Rood, is an ancient structure, and has been enlarged. There is a free school in the parish, founded and endowed by Thomas Andrews in 1719. It has an annual income of about £200 per annum, a portion of which is appropriated to the apprenticing of boys. Lord Sherbourne is lord of the manor. The principal residence is Holybourne Lodge."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]