"MILFORD, a parish in the hundreds of Christchurch and Ringwood, county Hants, 4 miles S.W. of Lymington, its post town. It is bounded on the S.E. by the isle of Wight Channel, and is a coastguard station near Hurst Castle, The parish includes the tythings of Key-Haven, Efford, and Pennington. A rivulet, which rises in the New Forest, flows through the parish, and is well stocked with trout and other fish. The surface is varied, and includes about 230 acres of unenclosed common. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £92, and the vicarial for £290."
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Milford on Sea Baptist Church, Barnes Lane, Baptist, Milford on Sea
- St Mary, Branwood Close, Church of England, Everton
- All Saints, Church Hill, Church of England
- St Mark, Ramley Road, Church of England, Pennington
- Methodist Church, High Street, Methodist, Milford on Sea
- St Francis of Assisi, Park Lane, Roman Catholic, Milford on Sea
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Milford area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- A transcription of the section for Milford from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Milford from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Milford to another place.
- The entry for Milford from British History Online.
- View maps of Milford and places within its boundaries.