National Gazetteer (1868) - Penton Mewsey
"PENTON-MEWSEY, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Andover, county Hants, 3 miles N.W. of Andover, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £286, and the glebe comprises 40 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £315. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum. There is a free school, which was erected by voluntary contributions in 1815."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]