National Gazetteer (1868) - Priors Dean
"PRIORS-DEAN, a parish in the upper half hundred of East Meon, Petersfield division of county Hants, 7 miles S.W. of Alton, its post town, and 5 N.W. of Petersfield. The village is of small extent, and wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory* of Colemore, in the diocese of Winchester. The church has a tower containing two bells."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]