"PRIORS-DEAN, a parish in the upper half hundred of East Meon, Petersfield division of county Hants, 7 miles S.W. of Alton, its post town, and 5 N.W. of Petersfield. The village is of small extent, and wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory* of Colemore, in the diocese of Winchester. The church has a tower containing two bells."
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- (no dedication), -, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Priors Dean area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- A transcription of the section for Priors Dean from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Priors Dean from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Priors Dean to another place.
- The entry for Priors Dean from British History Online.
- View maps of Priors Dean and places within its boundaries.