"STRATFIELD-TURGIS, a parish in the lower half of Holdshott hundred, county Hants, 8 miles N. of Winchfield, its post town, 5 N.W. from Hartford-Bridge, and 5 from the Mortimer railway station. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £204. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The parochial charities produce about £3 per annum. There is a free school, and the children of this parish have the privilege of frequenting the endowed National and infant schools belonging to the parish of Strathfieldsaye. The Duke of Wellington is lord of the manor."
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- All Saints, -, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Stratfield Turgis area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- A transcription of the section for Stratfield Turgis from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Stratfield Turgis from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Stratfield Turgis to another place.
- The entry for Stratfield Turgis from British History Online.
- View maps of Stratfield Turgis and places within its boundaries.