Open a form to report problems or contribute information
National Gazetteer (1868) - Tufton
"TUFTON, a parish in the hundreds of Wherwell and Evingar, county Hants, 1 mile S.W. of Whitchurch, its railway station and post town. The village is situated on the river Test. The surface is hilly, with a subsoil of chalk and gravel. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to that of Bullington, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Earl of Portsmouth is lord of the manor."