"WEST TYTHERLEY, (or Tuderley, West), a parish in the hundred of Thorngate, county Hants, 7 miles S.W. of Stockbridge. It adjoins the above, and includes the extra parochial district of East and West Buckholt. The land is chiefly woodland and arable. The soil is clay upon a substratum of chalk. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £361. The church was rebuilt in 1832. There is a National school. The principal seat is Norman Court House, the residence of Thomas Baring, Esq., M.P., who is lord of the manor. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum, being the endowment of six almshouses.
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- St Peter, Pug's Hole, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the West Tytherley area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- A transcription of the section for West Tytherley from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for West Tytherley from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from West Tytherley to another place.
- The entry for West Tytherley from British History Online.
- View maps of West Tytherley and places within its boundaries.