National Gazetteer (1868) - West Worldham
"WEST WORLDHAM, a parish in the hundred of Alton, county Hants, 2½ miles S.E. of Alton, adjoining East Worldham. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester, value £75, in the patronage of Winchester College. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. On King John's Hill is a tumulus, where fragments of Roman pottery have been found."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]