AMBERLEY, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"AMBERLEY, a township in the parish of Marden, in the hundred of Broxash, in the county of Hereford. It is distant about 2 miles E. from the village church of Marden, which is a very ancient and noble structure in the early English style; it formerly had a small chapel of its own called Amberley chapel, but at present it is in ruins. It maintains its own poor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]