Extract from E.C. Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851
Return to top of page [Transcribed by Richard Lane in November 2002
BLAKEMERE is a small parish, about 9 miles W. from Hereford. - THE CHURCH is old. The Rev. E. Howells, Vicar; Mr. John Hanbury, Churchwarden; Mr. James Price, Clerk. Services - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
TRADES, FARMERS, ETC. Bengree James, farmer Morgan Thomas, carpenter and joiner Bennett Elizabeth, shopkeeper Probert Edward, Farmer Hanbury John, farmer, Lower Blakemere Pugh Thomas, wheelwright Holl Robert, farmer, Kinlett Smith James, blacksmith Matthews John, farmer, Woodland House Williams John, shopkeeper, Holywell Matthews William, farmer
from a copy of Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851 in Hereford Central Library]