Open a form to report problems or contribute information
Brampton Abbotts, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BRAMPTON-ABBOTT'S, a parish in the hundred of Greytree, in the county of Hereford, 1 mile to the N. of Ross, its post town. It is situated on the E. bank of the river Wye, near the Hereford, Ross, and Gloucester branch of the Great Western railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, of the value of £245, in the patronage of the bishop of the diocese. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities are of small value."