BREINTON, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"BREINTON, a parish in the hundred of Grimsworth, in the county of Hereford, 2 miles to the W. of Hereford, its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye, and includes the hamlets of Wareham and Upper Breinton. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £109, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a free school endowed with £6 a year, and some other charities producing annually about £11." "WAREHAM, a hamlet in the parish of Breinton, county Hereford, 1½ mile S.W. of Hereford, on the river Wye."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]