BRIDGE-SOLLARS, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"BRIDGE-SOLLARS, a parish in the hundred of Grimsworth, in the county of Hereford, 6 miles to the W. of Hereford, its poet town. It is pleasantly situated on the river Wye, which below this place has a very winding course. The projected railway from Hereford to Brecon will pass near this village. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford, of the value of £100, in the patronage of Sir J. G. Cotterell, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]