Jump to navigation
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"BRIDSTOW, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of WORMELOW, county of HEREFORD, 1 mile (W. N.W.) from Ross, containing 541 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £9., 3. 11., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford. The church, is dedicated to St. Bridget. Wilton castle, the ruins of which constitute an interesting object on the western bank of the Wye, in this neighbourhood, was anciently the baronial residence of the noble family of Grey, who assumed their title from this place: it was burnt by order of the royalist governor at Hereford, during the parliamentary war, and the walls are now overspread with ivy." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bridstow area or see them printed on a map.
Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bridstow to another place.