CASCOB, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"CASCOB, a parish partly in the hundred of Wigmore, in the county of Hereford, and partly in the borough of New Radnor, hundred and county of Radnor, South Wales, 6 miles to the W. of Presteign, its post town. It contains parts of the townships of Litton and Cascob. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £190, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]