Open a form to report problems or contribute information
Donnington, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"DONNINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Radlow, in the county of Hereford, 2 miles S. of Ledbury, and 6 N. of Newent. It is situated on the road from Gloucester to Ledbury, close to the Gloucester canal. The parish is well wooded, and comprises several large apple orchards for the making of cider. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £209, in the patronage of R. Webb, Esq., who is lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone structure, and has a wooden tower with two bells. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge. There is a school chiefly supported by the rector."