DONNINGTON (nr. Ledbury), Herefordshire
- Original source material relating to Donnington, and other parishes in
Diocese of Gloucester may be found at the
Gloucester Record Office.
- An account of
St Mary's Church Donnington History. This account is a copy (with a few updates)
of a leaflet written by Rosemary Lockie in 1997 for a Church Flower Festival.
Added 3 Apr 2007.
- There are transcriptions of
Donnington Parish Registers,
covering Baptisms/Marriages 1754-1812, and Burials 1765-2006, plus relevant entries
from the parish registers of Dymock and Ledbury between 1556 and 1765.
Added/Updated 3 Apr 2007/19 Apr 2008.
- The parish records from 1754/5 onwards
are deposited at Gloucestershire Archives.
For entries prior to 1754, see the Ledbury (Herefordshire) Parish Registers, formerly
at Ledbury Church, but now deposited at
Hereford Record Office, and Dymock Parish Registers, available at the
Gloucester Record Office for a period starting 1538. There are no Bishops Transcriptions
for Donnington, but entries are included in the Bishops Transcripts for Ledbury, 1660-1865.
- Transcription of section of Edward Cassey & Co., History, Topography, and
Directory of Herefordshire for Donnington in
Post Office Directory of Herefordshire
for Donnington in
by Barbara Haner.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Donnington in
by Rosemary Lockie.
- Previously in the diocese of Hereford, Donnington has been
in the diocese of Gloucester since 1955.
- You may be interested in other places named Don(n)ington in the UK:
Most of them are small, but all are mentioned in Cassell's
Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland, 1899, cited above.
- Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- Donington, Leicestershire (nr Ibstock)
- Donington, Lincolnshire (nr Spalding)
- Donington, Shropshire (nr Newport)
- Donington, Shropshire (nr Shifnal)
- Donington-on-Bain, Lincolnshire (nr Louth)
- Donington Wood, Shropshire (nr Lilleshall)
- Donnington, Berkshire (nr Newbury)
- Donnington, Gloucestershire (nr Stow-on-the-Wold)
- Donnington, Shropshire (nr Wellington)
- Donnington, Sussex (nr Chichester)
- The following have been observed as spelling variants of this Herefordshire 'Donnington' in
the early Ledbury parish records:
Dinnington, Dodyngton, Donington, Donyngton, Dydyngton,
Dymnygton, Dynington, Dynngton, Dynnygton, Dynnyngton,
Dynygton. Dynyngton. Added 13 Apr 2008.
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/HEF/Donnington/index.html