LLANROTHALL, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"LLANROTHALL, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Wormelow, county Hereford, 5 miles N.W. of Monmouth, its post town, 9 from Ross, and 15 S. of Hereford. The road between the two towns passes through the village, which is very small. It is watered by the river Monnow. A college or religious fraternity was founded here in the 6th century by St. Dubricius. There are still to be seen some traces of the old edifice. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford, value £206. The church is a small edifice. The charities produce about £4 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]