PRESTON-WYNNE, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"PRESTON-WYNNE, a chapelry in the parish of Withington, hundred of Broxash, county Hereford, 6¼ miles N.E. of Hereford, its post town, and 10 from Leominster. The village, which is of small extent, is situated about half-a-mile W. of the Hereford and Bromyard turnpike road. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The soil is of a clayey and loamy nature. This village once formed a separate parish. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is a modern stone edifice, with a square pinnacled tower containing one bell. The church has a marble monument to Henrietta Pugh. The proceeds of the six acres of land bequeathed by the late Mrs. Henrietta Pugh, of Great Baddow, in Essex, are expended in clothing for the poor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]