NEWTON-WELSH, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"NEWTON-WELSH, (or Welsh Newton), a parish in the hundred of Lower Wormelow, county Hereford, 3 miles N.W. of Monmouth. It is situated near the river Monnow. The village is small and chiefly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £47. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]