Abbots Ripton, Huntingdonshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
ABBOT'S RIPTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"ABBOT'S RIPTON, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 4 miles (N.) from Huntingdon, containing, with Wennington, 379 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £21. 7 6. Mr. and Mrs. Rooper were patrons in 1806. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a chapel of ease at Wennington, in this parish."