"ABBOTSLEY, a parish in the hundred of Toseland, in the county of Huntingdon, 4 miles south-east of St. Neots. It is situated on the old Roman road from St. Albans. The land in the parish is chiefly pasture. The living is a vicarage,* value £85, in the diocese of Ely. The patrons are the Masters and Fellows of Baliol College, Oxford. The church, which is dedicated to St. Margaret, is an ancient structure, with a square embattled tower, in which are five bells and a clock. It was entirely repaired in 1854, and has a handsome modern altar-piece in the chancel."