Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"ALCONBURY WESTON, a parish and village in the hundred of Leightonstone, in the county of Huntingdon, 1 mile north-west of Alconbury. The living is a vicarage united with that of Alconbury."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
- There are no monumental inscriptions for this parish. (Burials took place in Alconbury).
- Census information for this parish (1841 - 1891)is held in the Huntingdon Records Office.
- The full 1841 Census of Alconbury Weston Parish is available as Fiche Set C81.
- The full 1851 Census of Alconbury Weston Parish is available as Fiche Set C31.
- A Surname Index of the 1881 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District, in which Alconbury Weston was enumerated (RG11/1602, Folios 17a - 25b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as fiche set C3.
- A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Spaldwick sub-District of the Huntingdon Registration District (RG12/1236) in which Alconbury Weston was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, has also been produced by the Huntingdonshire FHS (as Fiche C8).
- The fiche sets mentioned above are available from the Huntingdonshire FHS.
- The Mission Room, Alconbury Weston was built in 1878. Appears to no longer exist ??
- There was no church in Alconbury Weston, only the above Mission Room. The parishioners used Alconbury church.
- Church records for this parish were kept by Alconbury. See Alconbury. These are available in the Huntingdon Records Office.
- The Huntingdonshire Marriage Indexes include marriages from Alconbury. These are, at present, issued in alphabetical listings in series: 1601-1700, and 1701-1754, and are available from the Huntingdonshire FHS Bookstall.
- Alconbury Weston was originally in the Registration District of Huntingdon from 1st July 1837. Subsequently, it came under the Spaldwick sub-District, but once again it is now directly under Huntingdon District.
You can see pictures of Alconbury Weston which are provided by:
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL178768 (Lat/Lon: 52.376546, -0.270892), Alconbury Weston which are provided by:
- Acumesberie (xi cent.),
- Alcmundesberi (xii cent.),
- Acmundebiry, Aucmundebury,
- Aumondebiry Weston (xiii cent.),
- Alconbury-cum-Weston (xiv cent.),
- Wode or Wood Weston (xiv-xvii cent.)
- The parish of Alconbury Weston was in the Huntingdon Union for Poor Law administration.
- Births and Deaths registered in the Huntingdon Union Workhouse (1838 - 1949) are available, as fiche set D10 from the Huntingdonshire FHS Bookstall.
- Population in 1801 - 281.
- Population in 1851 - 510.
- Population in 1901 - 293.
- Population in 1951 - 254.
- Population in 1971 - 476.
- Population in 1991 - 753.